Manager, Financial Systems (583)
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their Omni-channel platforms, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the longest continually operating company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 239 stores and more than 22,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture, and in Europe, it has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
About this role:
This IT role will contribute to Hudson’s Bay’s continued success by leading and supporting technical initiatives related to associate and financial systems. The role is cross-functional in nature, working closely with business partners in Merchandising, Treasury and Finance across all banners (Corporate, Hudson’s Bay, Saks Fifth Ave, and Saks Off Fifth) to understand their vision and priorities. You will also work within the cross functional IT organization and partner with key technical vendors to ensure the business vision is understood and delivered
As the Manager, Financial Systems, you will:
- Drive all development, integration and implementation efforts related to corporate and banner specific Financial systems (experience with Oracle cloud applications is a plus)
- Manage all facets of small and large technical projects; including project resources, timelines and financials
- Partner with key Finance business stakeholders, ensuring clear requirements and expectations are understood for all technical initiatives and are executed accordingly
- Manage and prioritize several competing key strategic project initiatives and small enhancements
- Execute all technical initiatives with attention to detail and quality
- Set clear expectations with HBC’s technical vendors / partners, and ensure all contractual delivery obligations are met
- Be a key part of technical decisions and strategy related to corporate and banner specific systems, from a software and hardware perspective
- Be a collaborative and key partner to the business stakeholders and cross functional IT teams, ensuring clear requirements and expectations are met
- Drive repeatable and efficient development delivery processes for both project delivery and release management, ensuring IT standards and policies are followed
- Motivate, lead and develop a team of diverse individuals across multiple offices with a variety of experience levels and skill sets
- Partner with the business groups in each banner to identify areas of opportunity in the Finance space and an understanding of the strategic priorities
- Partner with the cross functional IT organization to develop roadmaps across the enterprise with a clear understanding of the benefit and return
- Proactively lead and educate business partners on current and planned Financial system capabilities
- Keep abreast of new technology and industry trends
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an innovative technical leader
- Is a strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Has 5+ years of Financial systems experience; retail experience is a plus
- Has 7+ years of technical experience in a software development environment
- Has 5+ years of leadership experience
- Has excellent project management and leadership skills
- Will have the ability to operate in a fast past dynamic organization where change is a constant
- Remains solution oriented, in a rapidly changing environment, and works collaboratively with matrixed teams
- Has experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.