Senior Test Engineer (4341)
Senior QA Tester is responsible for testing products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision.
What you will do:
- Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
- Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
- Collaborate with developers/business analysts to design tests.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Create test charters and checks.
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
- Adhere to HBCs's SOPs and Agile practices.
- Execute test charters within sessions
- Analyze results of test sessions.
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
- Apply basic problem solving skills.
- Collaborate with cross functional team(s) and stakeholders.
- Make continuous self-education a priority.
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Ability to understand and execute Context Driven and Session Based testing with minimal supervision
- Ability to test using Rapid Software Testing practices and principles with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and apply practices to increase test effectiveness with supervision
- Ability to proactively learn and apply test design principles, with supervision
- Ability to understand platform/product/project test strategies and priorities
- Ability to understand the risks of code changes, based on the impact assessment
- Ability to create tests from stories/requirements, with supervision
- Ability to execute tests and record test results
- Ability to focus on a task and follow it through to completion
- Ability to communicate own ideas clearly within your own team
- Ability to investigate issues, with some supervision
- Ability to collaborate with others in a positive and respectful manner
- Ability to articulate technical issues
- Possess problem solving abilities
- Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field of study
- Minimum 2 years experience of cumulative manual and/or automation testing and analyzing business requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience with web-based applications and e-commerce sites
- Retail industry experience is an asset
- Understanding of cloud application architecture and concepts
- POS, OMS, HR/Merch/financial systems, Sales AuditApplication, Digital and Mobile, SFCC, POS/Digital E2E systems, ETL
- Years of experience 2-4 yrs
- Experience with preferred - JIRA, Confluence
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.