Sr. Technical Analyst - POS Retail (689-2)
What This Position is All About:
As the Sr. Technical Analyst you are one of the cornerstones for retail store system applications, hardware and peripherals in our Saks stores. This position will be responsible for improving the posture of enterprise applications, by understanding vulnerabilities, determining security requirements, developing roadmaps, planning and implementing solutions, testing application systems, preparing standards and procedures, and mentoring other IT teams in the identification and remediation of Point of Sale applications. As the Sr. Technical Analyst, you are responsible to ensure all applications required for our stores to function are fully operational to sustain store operations and requires strong Windows O/S technical knowledge. The analyst will be required to respond to, resolve and document issues as they come in a timely manner.
You will be required to triage problems and escalate as needed to various teams and work closely to determine root cause analysis and come to resolution. The Sr. Technical Analyst will require excellent problem solving skills, be able to understand IT system solution architecture and be able adapt quickly to new and different problems day to day.
Who You Are:
- You have a logical approach and process to problem solving
- You are a self-starter, can work independently and thrive in collaborative teams
- You are proactive in driving issues to closure and collaborate with peers to resolve issues
- You are able to think outside the box for problems of all varieties
- You have a broad understanding of all stages of systems development and product delivery; with a strong understanding of Application Architecture covering different technology stacks, platforms and protocols
- You possess strong communication skills to convey problems to your team, colleagues and leadership
- You thrive in a busy, high-pace environment and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- Understand how problems affect other areas of the company outside of your IT space
- You are able to create thorough technical and functional requirement documentation to be leveraged by development and support teams
- You strive for excellence and lead with a business focus mindset
- You are a quick learner with the ability to learn new technologies
You Also Have:
- College Degree or Technical Certificate in Information System or IT related fields with 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology developing and supporting large scale distributed applications
- Experience with leading and inspiring technical support teams
- Retail experience is a plus with a working knowledge of Point of Sale applications and store operations
- Strong command of Windows O/S, batch scripting, and SQL
- Experience with payment authorization systems and hardware is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Languages & Tools
Software & Hardware
Languages and Tools are a Plus:
ASP.NET, REST WebService, Json & XML, Azure Git, Git Hub, Verifone RTS/FiPay
As the Sr. Technical Analyst - POS Retail Store Systems, You Will:
- Collaborate with the development teams to architect new solutions that your teams will eventually deploy and support
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving and further leveraging these systems.
- Enhance and develop monitoring tools to put our team in a position to be proactive for all issues
- Maintain vendor relationships and collaborate to enhance existing applications
- Drive integration, release management and packaging of Store Systems products.
- Responsible for level 3 on call support and mediation of applications in the Retail Store Systems Area and will participating on a rotating on-call schedule for off-hour/weekend support
- Work with your team on creating technical support documentation used to manage and maintain the software
- Responsible for problem management and analysis to drive resolution to high volume recurring incidents to reduce overall incident volume
- Resolve end user inquiries in a timely manner and collaborate with HBC technology
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.