General Manager, York Factory Greenwich
Who We Are:
York Factory is a revolutionary new platform from Hudson's Bay Company that redefines work through the prism of style. York Factory offers an agile network of urban and suburban hubs that enable our members to work, work out, socialize and dine in a fresh, new way. We are a private workspace for individuals who desire an elevated, frictionless style of living and working. In Fall 2021, York Factory will debut five locations across the New York Metropolitan Area including Downtown Manhattan; Midtown Manhattan; Greenwich, CT; Manhasset, NY; and Scarsdale, NY.
What This Position is All About:
The General Manager will perform a broad range of responsibilities including, but not limited to, overseeing all amenities of the York Factory space and building a sense of community amongst associates and members. The General Manager should have knowledge of all forms of social media and be driven to deliver a seamless guest experience for York Factory members. Overall, the main goal is to ensure that all operations are running smoothly while fostering a sense of community for our members.
Who You Are:
- You lead for results – able to set and communicate a clear vision, drive for positive outcomes through objectives, measures, and design continuous feedback into your work
- You have a customer focus – putting the needs of internal and external customers first. Always seeking customer information when improving products and services, and acts with customers in mind to form networking connections and relationship management
- You have strategic vision – you can see ahead clearly and have the capability for a big picture perspective. You are future oriented and can share engaging visions, plans and ideas
- You build teams – you have the ability to bring others together when needed, building morale and spirit in your team by sharing wins and success.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in the service industry
- POS Systems
- Understanding of Food and Beverage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Social Media
As The General Manager, York Factory, You Will:
- Manage various value-add amenities (i.e. technology, printing, fitness center)
- Vendor management coordination with entities such as Restaurant Associates, and The Wellery
- Interacting with members and being a constant presence in the space
- Oversee all facets of the York Factory operations
- Assist with community and sales outreach
- Ownership of P&L
- Ability to implement new ideas and strategies as the concept develops
- Design and implement staff training
- Forms relationships with members
- Supervise and coordinate location specific social media
- General upkeep and redesign of the space (quality control of plants, workspace, community board)
- Be a proactive coach to York Factory associates
- Willingness to adapt and learn
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.