Senior Manager, QA & Testing (4335)
The Senior QA Test Manager is responsible for testing products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision. Actively involved in coaching other testers on testing practices and product knowledge. The role is for a hands-on individual with the ability to act as the sole responsible tester, in some cases, and move from project to project: testing, evaluating the testing and/or organizing people in other roles to do testing. As a Senior QA Manager, you may work on one project for a minimum of a few weeks to multiple months, or jump from project to project and act as the main point of contact to identify product risks. This is a time-critical role, a Senior QA Manager must triage a situation quickly, and be able to split their time across many tasks at once when required. This role requires the skills and temperament needed to work in a very flexible, agile, self-managed fashion, on intense projects. You will also be responsible for one or more portfolios and manage direct and indirect reports.
What you will do:
● Learn quickly and make effective contributions to projects in a short time span.
● Define test strategies.
● Review, identify gaps and provide feedback on others test strategies.
● Influence cross-solutions test strategies.
● Lead the efforts in application of test practices such as: Context Driven Testing, Rapid Software Testing, and Session Based Test Management.
● Lead the adoption of solution-wide test design principles.
● Define, prioritize, and lead the development of effective tests/checks across the team.
● Participate in the hiring process with active involvement in recruitment events and interview processes.
● Communicate test strategy to external stakeholders.
● Explain risks based on the impact assessment to non-technical stakeholders.
● Act as subject matter testing expert on projects.
● Encourage and embody teamwork at all levels.
● Lead teams to build a learning culture
● Support management in creating self-managing and self-improving teams through an active retrospective process.
● Chairs Testing Guild Working Groups
● Organize internal meetups.
● Represent HBC at external forums.
● Drive relevant initiatives in the HBC Testing Community.
Educational and Professional Requirements
● Ability to define the testing approach and strategy across a program or multiple projects.
● Ability to act as a subject matter expert and provide coaching to team members on prioritization and estimation of all testing activities.
● Ability to evaluate emerging test design/strategies/practices.
● Demonstrates exemplary teamwork and maintains the respect of others. Diffuses tense situations and manages conflicts appropriately.
● Demonstrates a strong drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate complex technical issues
● Ability to collaborate effectively with all team members and with cross-functional teams
● Ability to negotiate priorities and assure that testing issues are discussed and resolved.
● Ability to review test coverage and propose solutions to increase test effectiveness.
● Ability to diagnose complex issues and suggest testing strategies.
● Demonstrates a core passion to coach and mentor others on testing.
● Ability to coach other testers to create a test strategy or use a test tool.
● Ability to coach and propagate valuable testing practices within the team.
● Utilizes a variety of testing tools and is able to instruct others on their use.
● Ability to switch context quickly and easily.
● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related disciplines.
● Retail Background is preferred.
● Agile Experience is preferred.
● Web services and API testing experience.
● Knowledge of basic SQL.
● Experience with Continuous Integration build/deploy technologies and tools (ex: Jenkins, GO).
● Experience with relational and document-oriented databases.
● Experience with - JIRA, Confluence and familiarity with UNIX.
● Understanding of cloud application architecture and concepts.
● POS, OMS, HR/Merch/financial systems, Sales AuditApplication, Digital and Mobile, SFCC, POS/Digital E2E systems, ETL.
● A minimum of 10 years software testing experience.
● A minimum of 4 years QA testing leadership experience.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.