Director, Development - Street Works
What This Position is All About:
Director of Development includes day-to-day managing of all aspects of the Development process through multiple projects, for all phases of the development and/or redevelopment of assets from the time of initial due diligence and site acquisition, through stabilized occupancy.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrates ease in flexing all communication styles in order to build & maintain relationships
- Has a good sense of time and is able to complete tasks in a timely manner by utilizing time management and organizational skills
- An individual who is able to contribute to driving company results forward through their ideas with limited guidance and can effectively translate a strategy in an actionable plan
- Customer focused with the ability to act promptly in routine situations and sees a clear plan of action to a positive result in the customer’s eyes
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Business Administration; or similar business experience. Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in real estate development-related fields including: construction, finance, architecture, urban planning, government regulatory agencies, project management, with priority given to development managers in real estate organizations
- Experience with financial underwriting, budgeting, scheduling and proforma development
- Track record of consistently completing development projects on time and on budget
- Working knowledge of market trends and real estate values
- Proven track record conceptualizing, site planning, programming and executing development of mixed-use, hospitality, office, retail and multi-family projects
- Strong knowledge of market, entitlement and approvals
- Leadership skills and a solid history of working, collaborating and assisting others
- Flexibility and adaptability working within a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, goal oriented with a curious nature and desire to continuing to learn the Real Estate Industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel throughout the US and Canada
As The Director, Development, You Will:
- Assist VP of Development, in all ongoing reporting of project performance, up keep and progress reports
- Convey project performance, status and on-going relevant issues effectively through on-going clear and concise communication to VP of Development
- Conduct feasibility analysis for potential developments (both land and/or existing property) including: property condition, entitlement probability, financial and market analysis, project scope, initial product positioning, environmental studies, engineering and land use studies, etc.
- Manage broad aspects of the Development process for projects inclusive of land acquisition and/or property repositioning, planning and design, securing entitlement/zoning approvals, project due diligence and scheduling, developing RFPs, project budgeting/underwriting and project reporting
- Set up, ensure the development of proformas, budgets, scheduling and return targets: effective administration of contract negotiations, establishing scope, pricing, terms and performance
- Manage and control project funding, spending, capital outlays and disbursements
- Manage project teams with diverse skills, background and interests
- Set up and ensure underwriting project assumptions, estimated project costs, and development timelines, from concept design through project implementation and closeout
- Set up and ensure the planning and entitlement process, including representation before municipal and other regulatory agencies, working with land use attorneys, land planners, architects, engineers and other consultants, resulting in project performance and the delivery of targeted, cost effective results
- Manage of day-today project and team demands needed to realize a successful real estate development project from conception to finale closeout
- Take responsibility for keeping projects on time and on budget; managing Development Analysts and Project Coordinators
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.