MicroStrategy Architect (F-ID O001)
The Analytics Enablement team is looking for someone to come help us push the limits of our BI Environment. We are on a mission to fully modernize our platform, allowing our partners in the business to make quick decisions that help the bottom line and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We’ve recently upgraded to 2021 and migrated our centralized data platform to snowflake. We are ready to redesign our legacy reporting and improve our platform experience. BI Architect should have thorough knowledge on MicroStrategy product suite to design and develop advanced reports and dynamic Dossiers. Sql is their good friend and they like to leave things better than they found them. They will explore, experiment, and ideate innovative new ways to leverage our data to derive fact-based insights.
Essential Job Functions
● Designs and builds modern Dossiers and/or Dashboards - including visuals, kpi selectors, etc with a focus on user experience
● Builds data models/workflows and reporting schema semantic layers.
● Create and manage metric and attribute definitions related to schema - Review Report SQL and tune schema for optimization.
● Works with the end users to create functional requirements & technical documents
● Work with project managers to help meet the project milestones for data/reporting efforts
● Responsible for the integrity and organization of the QA/UAT and Prod project and DB schemas.
● Work with developers and handle DEV/UAT/PROD promotions activity.
● Works with MicroStrategy support and System Administrator to help enable a stable BI environment for project warranty period.
● Works with the team to address all production support issues originating through calls, emails, mail boxes, tickets.
● Work on user/user group management and optimize/tune reports to enhance system performance
● Works with team on system migrations - plan, migration tasks, QA, etc
● Additional responsibilities as required.
knowledge and abilities, general business acumen, other required skills; technical or other skills such as position specific software.
● A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in Microstrategy, nice to have Snowflake Experience & SDK Development Experience.
● Strong knowledge of technology platforms and environment.
● Strong understanding of system integration architectures
● Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned projects and tasks.
● Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills.
● Experience in creating wireframes for dashboard and dossiers
● Strong development, motivational, and negotiating skills
● Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
● Ability to present complex ideas clearly, manage the complexities of integrating new technologies and to influence individuals across business boundaries to achieve objectives.
● Nice to Have : Other BI Tool experience - Tableau, Looker, Power BI
● Nice to Have: Digital Experience Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.