Commodity Tax Manager, Canadian Operations - Contract
Day in the Life:
The Commodity Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of Indirect tax affairs, managing tax audits and ensuring proper monthly tax compliance. Please note that this is an 18 month contract.
What You Will Do:
- Manage Internal Tax analysts to ensure monthly returns are completed on a timely basis with accuracy for the entities in the responsible regions
- Oversee, review and assist with the preparation of all HBC Canadian indirect tax returns for the entities within the group and all related compliance requirements
- Assist DVP, Indirect Tax in managing and strategize submissions for tax audits and building relationships with auditors
- Assist DVP, Indirect tax researching, quantifying and advising on various indirect tax issues and reporting findings to relevant department’s queries ensuring compliance to legislative requirements
- Assist DVP, Indirect Tax interacts with various corporate departments to improve and streamline reporting systems as they relate to indirect taxes, including implementation of automation tools and processes
- Assist with ad hoc commodity tax projects and initiatives, including those relating to tax technology change management and strategic planning
What You Will Need:
- University or College degree in Finance-related discipline preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the area of Canadian commodity taxation.
- Strong knowledge of consumer retail sales tax principles (GST, HST, QST and PST)
- Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work with IT/business groups to understand system functionality/business processes
- Excellent IT skills/aptitude, including excel/access to formulate reports for commodity tax analytics
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion and Vertex systems an asset
- A team player who is organized and works well under pressure
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.