Commodity Tax Manager, Canadian Operations - Contract
What This Position is All About:
The Commodity Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of Indirect tax affairs, managing tax audits and ensuring proper monthly tax compliance. Please note that this is an 18 month contract.
Who You Are:
- Self-directed, with the ability to manage
- Self- motivated individual who is able to embrace and drive change along with continuous improvement culture in order to drive results
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills; demonstrated communication experience with diverse internal and external audiences
- Strong problem solving skills, conflict resolution, facilitation and consensus building skills
You Also Have:
- University or College degree in Finance-related discipline preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the area of Canadian commodity taxation.
- Strong knowledge of consumer retail sales tax principles (GST, HST, QST and PST)
- Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work with IT/business groups to understand system functionality/business processes
- Excellent IT skills/aptitude, including excel/access to formulate reports for commodity tax analytics
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion and Vertex systems an asset
- A team player who is organized and works well under pressure
As The Commodity Tax Manager, You Will:
- Manage Internal Tax analysts to ensure monthly returns are completed on a timely basis with accuracy for the entities in the responsible regions
- Oversee, review and assist with the preparation of all HBC Canadian indirect tax returns for the entities within the group and all related compliance requirements
- Assist DVP, Indirect Tax in managing and strategize submissions for tax audits and building relationships with auditors
- Assist DVP, Indirect tax researching, quantifying and advising on various indirect tax issues and reporting findings to relevant department’s queries ensuring compliance to legislative requirements
- Assist DVP, Indirect Tax interacts with various corporate departments to improve and streamline reporting systems as they relate to indirect taxes, including implementation of automation tools and processes
- Assist with ad hoc commodity tax projects and initiatives, including those relating to tax technology change management and strategic planning
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.