Senior Director, Development
What This Position is All About:
Saks Fifth Avenue, NY seeks Senior Director, Development. Managing the repurposing of over one million square feet of Saks Fifth Avenue’s current real estate portfolio in multiple locations including internationally involving project and team management across different cultures. Functional manager bearing managerial authority over HBC’s store planning and real estate function including direct lease and acquisition negotiation with landlords and tenants and management of annual budget in excess of $10m.
You Also Have:
- Requires Bachelor’s (or foreign educ. equiv.) Degree in Business or Finance and two (2) years of experience in the job offered or related occupation
- Alternatively, will accept four (4) years of experience in the job offered or related occupation
- Experience must have included Management of real estate developments in multiple locations including internationally involving project and team management across different cultures
- Work with C-suite executives and initiatives on projects to include M&A efforts, acquisitions and divestments; Direct lease and acquisition negotiation with landlords and tenants
- Management of an annual budget in excess of $10m
- Use of BlueBeam Revu to allow for detailed review and assessment of built space; and use of Revit in order to read drawings and manipulate a live model
As The Senior Director, Development, You Will:
- Manage and own resources set for repurposing and generally direct the technical work of individuals and companies engaged in repurposing projects. Manage the budgets for store planning assignments in excess of $1 million.
- Develop and own the relationships and project planning with vendors, designers, architects, consultants, landlords, contractors and subcontractors as they relate to the project from conception to execution.
- Visit real estate sites with key partners to evaluate spaces, make informed decisions and bring projects to completion following schedule including using BlueBeam Revu to allow for detailed review and assessment of built space and using Revit in order to read drawings and manipulate a live model.
- Be the point person to manage the relationships with both internal and external partners. Oversee real estate evaluations, including but not limited to the use of architects, designers, contractors, landlords and other vendors who require on site direction, supervision and signoff
- Approve specific expenditures of funds in accordance with its general guidelines received from the Chief Development Officer
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are on time and on budget and will have full accountability for reporting out financial status throughout the entire life cycle of each project to the C Suite level leadership team including working with C-suite executives and initiatives on projects to include M&A efforts, acquisitions and divestments
- Reconcile and resolve all budgetary items with third parties to ensure overall success and accuracy of the project plan put forth by the Executive team of Saks Fifth Avenue
- Sign contracts ranging from labor-related services and real estate to goods and services, as well as negotiations for state and city permits. Consult with the legal team under the direction of the Chief Corporate Development Officer. Key role in the initial negotiations with vendors in conceptual discussions based on project needs and will have the power to influence decisions for each project
- Key high-level management liaison for all projects and will have strategic decision-making authority; decisions will relate directly to each project throughout his stay and would include design and planning concepts, budgeting and hiring and retaining vendors and consultants. Exercise wide discretion in managing day-to-day operations, specifically the management of third-party vendors
- Responsible for communicating key timelines and ensuring projects hits all milestones. 10% US & International travel – Site visits, coordinating 3rd parties & meetings with municipalities
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.