Wellness Event Coordinator
Who We Are:
York Factory is a revolutionary new platform from Hudson's Bay Company that redefines work through the prism of style. York Factory offers an agile network of urban and suburban hubs that enable our members to work, work out, socialize and dine in a fresh, new way. We are a private workspace for individuals who desire an elevated, frictionless style of living and working. In Fall 2021, York Factory will debut five locations across the New York Metropolitan Area including Downtown Manhattan; Midtown Manhattan; Greenwich, CT; Manhasset, NY; and Scarsdale, NY.
What This Position is All About:
This role is responsible for managing the health & well-being programming and tenants for their respective York Facory location. Wellness Event Coordinators serve as the facilitators and caretakers of the health & well-being ecosystem, through curating thoughtful content supporting of member’s development towards achieving and maintaining healthier and more connected lifestyles.
Who You Are:
- Builds Relationships: Builds great relationships across the organization; works as one team; creates open and honest dialogue; is a calming presence that can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably; advocates for and challenges other’s ideas with diplomacy.
- Resilient: Adaptable; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment focused on innovation; celebrates the wins throughout the journey; puts progress over perfection; positions failures as growth opportunities.
- Creative & Innovative Mindset: Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas; makes surprising and insightful connections; is an out of the box thinker that shines in brainstorming settings; challenges the status quo.
- Customer Champion: Always puts the needs of internal and external customers first; understands customer impact to drive decisions; always considers the customer perspective.
- Project Planning: Strong project planning skills; defines and works towards objectives and goals; divides work into a process; anticipates and plans for problems and roadblocks; keeps the end goal in sight.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clear and warm communicator with a sincere desire for providing customers with best-in-class care and service
- Fluent in English
- Extensive background in well-being realm with deep domain expertise in wellness, health, and/or psychology
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, and has the subsequent knowledge, skills, and passion to help people improve their day-to-day health habits
- Honest, hard-working, and a good team player attitude
- Constantly trying to resolve and improve their own physical, emotional, and mental health
- Proficient across social media channels (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, etc.)
- Fluent in Google Collaboration Tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organized and detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a startup environment
As The Wellness Event Coordinator, You Will:
- 100% live the brand: be an exemplary ambassador for the brand, conversing with customers, vendors, and partners about our brand, mission, and product across all of our communication channels
- 75% curate and maintain a calendar of community programming events targeted towards educating, introducing, and reinforcing positive health habits of members (i.e. workshops, meals, speakers, crafts, classes, etc.)
- Curate, manage and collaborate with health & well-being tenants and partners (i.e. BdySquad, The Salon, HP Advisors, physical trainers, yoga instructors, speakers, etc.)
- Co-create, plan and execute activations in line with the 10 Pillars of High Performance Living
- Enthusiastically encourage member participation
- Prepare promotional items and event results for bulletin and e-blasts
- Familiarize and onboard new tenants and members via physical tours of the space, explaining the vision and core offerings within the York Factory ecosystem
- Attend committee and staff meetings as requested
- Assist in annual budget process, monthly financial performance and weekly payroll management
- Work in tandem with the program’s Community Director, as well as the Operations Manager, and High Performance Advisor in the space
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.