Assistant Buyer - Men's & Women's Specialized
What This Position Is All About:
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for a specific merchandise category or categories, under the direction of the Buyer. This responsibility includes the development and successful implementation of buying strategies, merchandise programs and marketing plans.
Who You Are:
- A natural problem-solver, who is also analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You have a can-do attitude
As the Assistant Buyer, Men's & Women's Specialized You Will:
- Help manage vendor and brand selection, develop strong vendor relationships, monitor industry trends, evaluate competition, and attend major markets and conduct competitive shops
- Assist Buyer in developing the merchandising strategy, and assist with sales analysis in order to identify and react to trends in-season
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through communication with vendors, distribution center, and merchant team.
- Review and ensure vendor cost/retail/UPC submissions match the buy submission
- Negotiate and guide execution of RTV's
- Effectively manage and monitor internet process including: content accuracy, overall productivity, analyzing and reacting to business needs, and communicating with e-commerce team
- Work closely with buyer and advertising/marketing team to manage the advertising process including: determining advertised styles, prep sheets, coordinating sample collection, managing in-stocks on ad styles, approval process and recapping
- Assist with line reviews/style outs for management
- Provide product knowledge to store associates through product seminars and quarterly guidelines, participate in store visits, and respond promptly to store visit notes
You Also Have:
- University or college degree or commensurate retail experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a merchandise capacity, and 2 years allocation experience.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
About Hudson’s Bay
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates 88 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.