Coordinator, Events - Saks
What This Position Is All About:
As a junior member of the Events & Experiences team, the Event Coordinator is responsible for supporting the operation of and processes behind Saks Fifth Avenue’s event strategy and execution
As The Event Coordinator, You Will:
- Lead daily, weekly and monthly operational needs of the team such as distribution of executive meeting planners, managing corporate event calendars and event recaps and reports
- Manage pre and post event communications to event attendees
- Own the event invitation process from invitation creation to deployment to list management
- Monitor and support virtual events (and in-person events) as needed
- Maintain team resource files and references for all event projects
- Support percent back charity initiatives run on saks.com inclusive of requests, managing budgets, tracking sales and gathering proper documentation for payment processing
- Support the Associate Vice President, Events & Experiences with the multiple budgets and the various forecasting, planning, analysis and reporting functions associated with budgets and event performance
Who You Are:
- Strong business acumen with the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms
- A change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment
- Creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
- Strong relationship building and influence skills
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ideally 1-2 years of professional, corporate office experience - would consider recent college grad with multiple relevant internships
- Ability to manage several projects at one time in an organized and highly effective manner
- Budget management skills
- Key attributes: Resourceful, strong communication, reliable, self motivated
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to problem solve are also critical
- Excellent skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Suite
Your Life And Career At Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.