Merchandising Systems Analyst (616)
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Merchandising Systems Analyst is part of a critical team responsible for the Analysis, Development & Ongoing Support of CMS - Core Merchandising Systems at HBC. The successful candidate will show a passion and drive for developing and maintaining a world class retail solution providing business services in support of functions such as Merchandise Planning, Item/PO creation, PIM, Pricing, Financials and Store RF capabilities. The candidate should possess relevant experience in Analysis, Application Development and Support.
- 4+ years’ experience in application design & implementation
- ideally with Retail systems (Merchandising; Supply Chain; Logistics)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and conceptualization skills
- Ability to make decisions and take an innovative approach to business problems.
- Ability to develop complex mappings, workflows, specifications in accordance with requirements.
- Previous design and programming experience.
- Ability to support developers and other peers during the project development phases as required.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork, sharing knowledge & expertise as it relates to the role.
- Self-starter and quick learner. Sound ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned work. Ability to operate in a fast and dynamic organization with tight deadlines
What you should have:
- Understands and experienced with end to end SDLC process.
- Flexible with respect to both Waterfall or Agile methodologies
- Proficient in MS Office tools including MS Visio, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.