Director, eCommerce Merchandising - Beauty & Center Core (12 month)
What This Position is All About:
The Hudson’s Bay Company’s Digital Merchandising team is an entrepreneurial group within the larger organization that is managing the fastest growing area of business. We are looking for candidates who are smart, comfortable with making quick changes and who want a fun, fast-paced, exciting work environment.
The Director, eCommerce Merchandising is accountable for the online sales and profitability of a given area of business through the development and implementation of our company goals and the department's strategic priorities. As a key point person for business leadership teams this role will be required to influence, gain alignment and deliver results against our growth strategies Oversees a team of managers and specialists that bring these strategies to life online and consistently unlocks new opportunities to optimize our digital growth and site experience.
Who You Are:
- Strong influencer that can help fuel our digital growth
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Comfortable with change and able to make quick decisions
- Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge in site analytics tools (Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Power Point) and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes and additional software/web-based applications
You also have:
- Post-secondary degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience understanding the category management process and developing action plans to grow sales and profitability
- Experience in Buying an asset
- Have a strong working knowledge and passion for digital retail landscape
- Ability to speak and present data or insights at an executive level
As The Director, eCommerce Merchandising you will:
- Accountable for achieving topside sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives
- Responsible for improving and driving product findability and digital content processes for multiple categories
- Oversee a team of ecommerce merchandising managers and specialists, ensuring timely production of merchandise related content with accountability for complete and accurate product findability, linking standards and quality metrics
- Develop overall online strategy by performing in depth analysis of sales and customer behavior, using data to drive business recommendations
- Partner with business leadership teams to both influence, gain alignment and measure performance against our growth strategies
- Concept, prioritize and establish editorial strategies/best practices for the specified area of business and partner with marketing, creative and studio teams to ensure they are built in alignment with company objectives and budgets
- Develop digital merchandising strategies and processes that support our eCommerce strategic goals
- Act as digital merchandising lead for Tech related site enhancements and initiatives and ensure updates are communicated out to the business
- Work with ecommerce planning team to build inventory plans that support our growth and item level demand
- Partner with buying teams to build tailored assortments for the online business, including special online-only buys and exclusive categories
- Perform ongoing analysis of the business, providing insights to the merchant team and surfacing new ways to drive sales that feed into our seasonal buy processes
- Manage the business in-season and make recommendations or revisions to site navigation, experience or site content
- Oversee site merchandising processes to ensure timely live date of taxonomy updates, onsite search rules, and content
- Works with an Omnichannel mind-set of growing our customer base that shops across both channels, included the analysis and understanding of BOPIS, store-fill and returns
- Coach store merchants on best practices to optimize their areas of the business online
- Manage, mentor and develop team for future growth within the department and organization.
About Hudson’s Bay
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates 88 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.