What This Position Is All About:
The Content Strategist will support the Senior Manager, Content Strategy in developing compelling cross-channel stories that combine business and marketing objectives with relevant cultural moments and consumer insights. The successful candidate will collaborate with writers, art directors, email marketers, social media specialists and the larger Marketing team to streamline the content creation process, from brief to conception, development and execution. A strong understanding of digital best practices and a passion for content planning and story development is essential.
Who You Are:
- A curious, critical thinker and big ideas person who can be depended on for a unique perspective.
- A motivational team player who exudes enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
- Direct and diplomatic, strong and effective leader.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A master of brand tone and voice across all platforms.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback and pivoting story ideas.
- Experienced in interpreting data, research and behavioural insights to inform content recommendations.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- A natural communicator with exceptional presentation skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to stakeholders
- Fluent in digital best practices and content trends; experience in SEO integration is preferred
- Passionate about transforming an iconic Canadian brand
You Also Have:
- 6+ years of experience as content expert for an agency or in-house creative team
- A progressive portfolio of work demonstrating your ability to craft stories that bring content marketing to life for relevant audiences across digital platforms while driving meaningful results.
- Strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Experience in content planning, crafting content themes and applying messaging strategies across multiple channels.
As the Content Strategist You Will:
- Own a monthly content calendar to make sure key seasonal and cultural moments, promotions and emerging pop culture trends are accounted for.
- Use results to strategize new opportunities and improvements for creative content across various channels including social media, email, editorial landing pages, and more.
- Inspire, write and develop purposeful, consumer-led copy with a masterful sense of tone to engage relevant audiences.
- Offer a holistic communications view and make strategic recommendations on storytelling across channels based on insights and data.
- Inspire creators during development stages, ensuring content meets business objectives while moving the brand forward.
- Support Creative team and owned channel leads from site, ecommerce, email and social media on campaign storytelling, from concept stages through to calendar planning and production.
- Closely collaborate and brainstorm with design and art teams to create concepts and ideas, both big and small
- Maintain brand voice and tone standards and look for messaging consistencies across quarterly and monthly themes.
- Develop proactive ideas and innovative creative solutions that address brand and business goals while driving engagement and revenue.
- Present creative concepts to project stakeholders and leadership with clarity and conviction.
- Bring style, culture and trend inspiration to the team.
About Hudson’s Bay
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates 88 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.
Thank you for your interest in HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.