Project Manager (4162)
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The PMO Project manager (PM) is a key project delivery role at HBC. As a member of the PMO organization - the PM is responsible to deliver projects on time and on budget. The PM works closely with the Tech project owner to build the project plan - and to execute that plan with a focus on meeting all time and budget commitments. The PM has a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Project and all PMI knowledge areas and process groups - is effective at providing exec status updates and consistently identifies and remediates risks before they become an issue. The PM will need to work across multiple teams to ensure cross functional projects are properly organized, structured, tracked, managed, and delivered. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the development/implementation of projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery from the scoping, discovery, estimation, requirements, design, development, testing and finally through a finished state for internal/external customers.
Who You Are:
- You respond well to change and a loosely structured, fast paced environment
- You are a self-starter, able to cope in a shifting environment
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
- You are a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment
- You are unafraid to voice your concerns and ideas, to raise your hand when you see the opportunity for improvement
- You are sincerely driven by doing what is right, and generally act with a high sense of purpose and integrity
- You have a winning way about you, including the confidence to take calculated risks
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- You have a demonstrated ability to quickly shift priorities without being totally thrown off
- You can work independently and can prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- You have proven time management skills and are comfortable managing multiple projects and dealing with shifting priorities
- You have strong relationship building skills, and can communicate effectively with senior management across numerous departments
- Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
- Part of your leadership-repertoire is to empower your team members and encourage creative solutions
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, delegate, and organize work well
- You are a demonstrated leader, who can positively influence a diverse team
- Your leadership style is to be a mentor, who manages with a true open-door policy
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate team
- You have the innate ability to meet the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
You Also Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a Project Manager, ideally in the Retail environment.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of Leadership experience.
- Proven experience with large scale enterprise-wide initiatives, with budgets exceeding $1mm
- Strong knowledge of technology platforms and environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, and balance priorities in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned projects and tasks.
- Strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Strong development, motivational, and negotiating skills.
- Experience with JIRA
- Strong knowledge of project financials
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to present complex ideas clearly, manage the complexities of integrating new technologies and to influence individuals across business boundaries to achieve objectives.
As the Project Manager, You Will:
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Aids in the management of the project roadmap.
- Defines project scope and objectives. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of the project and serves as project manager between creative, technical, marketing and other business teams.
- Plans and directs the team to execute schedules as well as manage costs within project budgets. Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers on all matters.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to direct the analysis of, and solution to problems; meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables.
- to deliver new features and functionality for banners.
- Ensures deliverables meet project requirements; reviews deliverables with business stakeholders and incorporates feedback.
- Manages and tracks project financials, including internal staff and external vendors
- Works with resource managers to ensure resource allocations to projects, identifying areas for staff augmentation, and managing SOWs and invoices are paid for resources in a timely manner
- Manages 3rd-party relationships as needed.
- Oversees User Acceptance Testing and final sign-off.
- Conduct post-mortems on projects and disseminate conclusions to the rest of the team.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Have extensive experience working with cross functional teams across multiple lines of business’
- Have extensive experience working with and managing 3rd party vendors.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discounts
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.