What Is This Position Is All About:
Discover how we lead the market as the premier luxury-value destination by experiencing our assortment of brands and learning about the quality of our products alongside a team of proud innovators within the retail landscape.
We are looking for a driven, focused, and passionate General Manager to join our team. Through strong leadership, the General Manager motivates store teams to achieve company objectives and metrics and manages resources efficiently to drive business to maximize productivity and profit. This role represents our brand standards in selling, service, and merchandising. While in the role this individual is expected to demonstrate integrity, honesty and knowledge. This position will promote our company’s culture, values, and mission while fostering a positive working environment that encourages diversity, mutual respect and teamwork. The General Manager also understands and ensures proper security procedures are followed. This position reports to the District Manager.
Who Are You:
- Inspirational leader through both action and collaboration who can be relied upon to see the potential of those around them
- Create an environment of excellence that promotes a high performance culture, encourages associates to share ideas and recognizes and acknowledges individual and store team performance
- Constantly acquire new industry knowledge and skills and share learnings with team members and colleagues
- Establish positive relationships, act with customers in mind, and have great networking and relationship management
- Have a clear view of how the different abilities, background and cultures of team members work together to create a collaborative environment and deliver results
- Act as a coach and role model to bring out the best in your team
You Also Have:
- College degree or equivalent
- 5 - 10 years of store management experience
- proven track record of successfully managing a selling workforce and achieving results
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong merchandising skills
As the General Manager, You Will:
- Identify issues and creates strategies to keep competitive with the local retail market
- Problem solves in a fast-paced, changing environment exercising good judgment about the company's objectives in determining solutions
- Monitors and communicates competitive strategies through first-hand market observations
- Ensures all merchandise is well presented on the floor following visual, marketing and operational directives and standards, mindful of FOB adjacencies, and is signed according to standards
- Partners with Corporate and RVP to ensure merchandise assortment represents the customer in the market
- You will ensure management team members recruit, interview and select candidates with requisite skills to accomplish goals and add value to existing team, manages retention and turnover
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.