Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position is All About:
The successful candidate should have a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results collaboratively within a strong team environment. He/She must have the ability to develop solutions that supporrt the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms. He/She must have strong relationship building skills. The successful candidate will be flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment.
Who You Are:
- 7 or more years of industry experience in solution design within a large enterprise
- Strong architecture design experience with good knowledge of reactive architecture, messaging technologies, Kafka, data streaming, micro-services architecture, and ETL technologies
- Strong architecture experience with transitioning from legacy mainframe platform to cloud based micro-service and event - driven platforms
- Ability to design complex workflows using multi-cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Industry experience in orchestrating and designing CI/CD pipelines
- Industry experience with Kubernetes architecture design and implementation
- Experience with NoSQL Datastores
- Outstanding ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent experience
As the Integration Architect, You Will:
- Design functional cloud native technology solutions for high availability, security, and scalability
- Define and communicate integration patterns
- Create integration related reference architecture frameworks
- Build large enterprise level logical and physical data flow diagrams
- Propose the technology choice for the solution
- Work with cross functional teams (application owners, infrastructure, security, enterprise architecture, etc.) to provide holistically viable solutions
- Present solutions to the architectural review board for approval and suggestions
- Promotes adoption of industry best practices and ensures development adheres to HBC framework, tools, standards, and guidelines
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator.
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees
How Often You May Travel:
- 5% within North America
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.