Director, Ecommerce Operations
What This Position Is All About
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven Director of Operations to plan, direct and coordinate the day-to-day Ecommerce Operations and will have a focus on strategic planning, goal setting, and company initiatives. A focus of this role is to support the evolution and automation of our Distribution Centers for both Ecommerce and Retail operations. Our ideal candidate has previous experience in Ecommerce Fulfillment, is passionate about health and wellness and is excited to build on their relevant experience with new tools and systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
DC Operations Management
- Accountable for leading staffing and resource plans for the building
- Leadership role in the development, measurement and execution of programs aimed at improving efficiency and productivity of the work force
- Develop and execute strategies to support high volume growth
- Full ownsership of financial plans and adjusting to changes in business
- Identify areas for process improvements and lead team to execute
- Ensure consistent and effective collaboration and communication across multiple shifts/departments
- Promote and advocate for HR initiatives and people programs within ledership team
- Partner with Union representation to ensure strong and effective relations are in place.
- Work to enhance and improve on service level standards
- Ensure safety is always top of mind for leaders and associates across the building
Project Leadership / Vendor Partnership
- Partner with Operations and Senior leadership to identify potential business partners.
- Identify appropriate technology solutions for our operations.
- Lead the vendor selection process partnering with the HBC Procurement team.
- Support contract negotiation in partnership with Operations, Senior Leadership and Legal.
- Own the system implementation planning and execution, spending significant time on site working directly with business partners and Operations.
- Lead the execution of HBC owned project scope, including sourcing, contracting and managing trades, as well as supporting other internal teams that contribute to overall project deliverables.
- Own and manage the implementation through “go-live” to operational stability while maintaining ongoing communication with all project stakeholders and the PMO throughout the whole project life cycle.
- Be the key point of contact for maintaining appropriate documentation of project status to the various Stakeholders within the organization (e.g., Finance, PMO, L&SC, etc.).
- Execute to the agreed project budget and deliver initiatives on time and on budget.
- University degree in Supply Chain/Business or Engineering; MBA prefered
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in operations leadership, preferably in a high volume, automated direct-to-consumer environment
- Proven ability to manage complex processes
- Demonstrated senior leadership and decision making in fast paced, consumer driven environments
- In-depth business process management expertise in IT-driven environments would be an asset
- Experience managing and influencing cross functional solutions engineering and operations management teams
- A track record of delivering projects of increasing scope and complexity on time and on budget.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and creative thinker
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.