Senior Developer, Sterling OMS
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Responsible for performing a wide array of tasks that enable stability of HBC’s OMS systems. Designs and develops new features and troubleshoots with the application groups which interface with the OMS application.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You have the innate ability to meet the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
- You have a winning-way about you: you know the end-goal is not to prove you were right, but to help progress the team objectives, empower your partners, and get the business to win
- You are an engaged and confident presenter, who can easily communicate by way of presentations and internal communication to the senior executive team
- You are comfortable interacting, problem-solving and strategizing, with internal and external senior executives
- You have strong relationship building skills, and are able to communicate effectively with senior management across numerous departments
- Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You are flexible, and can adapt to change well
- You should be a highly driven and results oriented individual, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment
As the Senior Developer (OMS), You Will:
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects and come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Design develop and test applications in accordance with established requirements, standards, processes and best practices.
- Participate in overall development and deployment process, in a Business-Driven and continuous integration environment.
- Recommend engineering best practices, Performance tuning, code reviews, and testing strategies
- Collaborate within an Agile dynamic development environment & eager to learn technologies.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Plus 5 years of experience in Software Development or related occupation.
- 5+ Years of Strong experience in Java, J2EE and software design patterns.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following Sterling Commerce/Yantra modules: Sterling Distributed Order Management, Sterling Selling & Fulfillment Foundation, Sterling Global Inventory Visibility, Sterling Reverse Logistics, and Sterling Call Center/ Store Operations;
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful Web Services, messaging and event-based architectures
- Working knowledge on Linux Red Hat, Shell Scripts, and XML, Sterling Commerce’s complementary and competitive products such as Kafka, WebSphere, MQ Series, or JMS compliant queues;
- Tools and Utilities: Java IDE (Eclipse), SOAP UI, Postman, LDAP Clients, Kibana, Source control utilities, Packaging and Build tools (GoCD, Ant, Maven)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.