Product Manager, RPA
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The HBC automation team leads an enterprise-wide effort to implement Robotic Process Automation (RPA), an innovative technology which uses software to automate a business process previously performed by an associate. The role of the Product Manager, RPA, is to help drive this initiative, from opportunity identification to execution and maintenance, thus resulting in tangible benefits including financial (cost savings / revenue generation) as well as increased productivity, accuracy, compliance, and associate satisfaction. This position is led by the Senior Manager, RPA, and partners with the development team in India as well as several other areas of Technology and cross functional business stakeholders. The role requires someone that is able to demonstrate strength in leadership and inspire associates to adopt change and achieve a vision.
Who You Are:
- You understand the importance and value of building rapport and strong relationships
- You can communicate effectively with a variety of internal senior managers
- You are an experienced leader, who has no hesitation delegating and directing team members as needed, and driving timely execution of discussed strategies and initiatives
- Part of your leadership-repertoire is to empower your team members and encourage creative solutions
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, delegate, and organize work well
- You are comfortable interacting, problem-solving and strategizing, with internal and external senior executives
- Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
- You understand how important it is to get buy-in, and so you are patient and deliberate with your communication, able to adjust and change wherever necessary
- You have a demonstrated ability to quickly shift priorities without being totally thrown off
- You are able to work independently and can prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- You have proven time management skills and are comfortable managing multiple projects and dealing with shifting priorities
- Your writing skills are fantastic - you know how to articulate complex concepts with words, and know the importance of tailoring your message for your selected audience
- You have strong analytical, financial and quantitative skills with exceptional Excel skills
- You respond well to change and a loosely structured, fast paced environment
- You are a self-starter, able to cope in a shifting environment
As the Product Manager, RPA, You Will:
- Manage one direct report (Business Analyst, RPA)
- Build and demonstrate a deep understanding of RPA in order to run a best in class, sustainable, and scalable operation
- Assist in continually improving the framework for working including project teams, meeting cadence, standard documents, governance, workflows, etc.
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify candidates for automation (work that is repetitive, high-volume, rule-based, prone to human error, and has defined inputs and outputs)
- Assist in developing and maintaining an opportunity pipeline and prioritize based on benefit
- Assist in project managing bot implementation including requirements gathering, documentation, development, user acceptance testing, go-live, and ongoing maintenance (including SLA tracking
- and reporting)
- Lead project kick-off meetings with business stakeholders and drive follow up sessions for requirements gathering, documentation review, and status updates
- Complete process design documentation for new projects
- Manage relationship between business stakeholders and RPA development team
- Manage multiple project plans, tasks, requirements, timelines, stakeholders, and deliverables simultaneously
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross functional partners, business stakeholders (including senior leadership), and external vendors
- Assist in providing frequent, comprehensive updates to leadership and business stakeholders
- Pursue ongoing education on RPA and product management to keep abreast of trends and best practices
You Also Have:
- 5-10 years’ experience in RPA, process improvement, and change management
- Proven ability to communicate with and manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong executive presence and experience working with leadership teams
- Self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and managing multiple projects
- Strong diplomacy skills that encourage cross-team collaboration
- Can prioritize ruthlessly while balancing the needs of stakeholders/partners
- Strong communications skills across management, business, and technical teams (and time zones)
- Ability to say “no”, but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.