Technical Support Analyst and Developer
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO. HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising and Shared Service operations. HBC’s entrance into this market has expanded the company’s global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC’s strategic plan. Bengaluru’s workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC’s operations on an ongoing basis.
What This Position Is All About:
As an Application Support Analyst and Developer, you will be a key contributor to the growth of the HBC Merchandising systems as the company increasingly improves to meet the ever changing Retail market demands. The role will initially focus on application support to allow you to learn the applications, business and processes that are critical to HBC’s success. Over time your role will increase to include development projects. Our Merchandising systems are a mixture of off-the-shelf and in-house applications covering 3 distinct technology sets. We are looking for members to be expert in at least one of these sets of technologies.
In joining our team you will have the following set of baseline skills that include:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of total experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Dependable work ethic; capable of taking ownership of a task and seeing it through to completion
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing priorities.
- Be available as necessary to work after hours to support project goals and timelines including on weekends on need basis.
- Excellent knowledge Object Oriented Concepts.and a solid understanding of Relational Databases (Oracle preferred)
In addition, you will also have one of the following sets of technical skills:
- Microsoft .NET - Visual Basic (VB .Net)
- -or- Unix Scripting, Java and PL/SQL
- -or- Data Analytics abilities and familiarity with Informatica
Beyond these requirements experience in the following areas would be nice to have skills:
- Experience with Cloud based applications and/or migration to cloud projects
- Retail Systems Experience
- Mainframe (COBOL, CICS, dB2) experience
Who You Are:
- You have strong relationship building skills, and are able to communicate effectively with senior management across numerous departments
- Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
- You understand how important it is to get buy-in, and so you are patient and deliberate with your communication, able to adjust and change wherever necessary
- You are keenly interested in telling stories and making cases via data, analytics, trend graphs, and metrics
- You enjoy presenting ideas and information to business groups you are familiar with, and to new ones
- You should be a highly driven and results oriented individual, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Someone who works well under pressure, you are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid-paced, complex retail environment
- You are unafraid to voice your concerns and ideas, to raise your hand when you see the opportunity for improvement
- You are sincerely driven by doing what is right, and generally act with a high sense of purpose and integrity
- You have a winning-way about you, including the confidence to take calculated risks
How Often You May Travel:
- No Travel
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of an excellent team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator.
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.