VP, Project Management Office
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Vice President, PMO is a key leadership position within the re-defined HBC Technology PMO. With their DVP level reports, they will be instrumental in leading their team of Program and Project Managers, including Portfolio Leads, in changing the culture around the PMO, introducing greater structure and more stringent principles, particularly around forecasting and risk assessment.
Overseeing multiple technology portfolios, this highly visible strategic partner will leverage their expertise in agile principles and methodologies to drive the planning and delivery of our product and technology roadmap. They will further be a champion of transformation, mentoring their Portfolio Leads on building risk assessment, process improvements, and governance into their project planning and review standards.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You painlessly overcome obstacles while respecting others’ points of view and positions
- Part of your leadership-repertoire is to empower your team members and encourage creative solutions
- You strive to be a thought-leader in your area of expertise. This means, you are always self-learning, connected and informed on what is going on in your industry, and are genuinely interested in implementing and improving best practices.
- Comfortable supporting a global team (considering time zone differences, etc.)
- You utilize your strong communication skills to inspire, direct, and lead your team to meet all proposed deadlines
- You encompass strong analytical, financial and quantitative skills
- You are a real self-starter, clearly self-motivated and can independently maintain your own work-flow to meet all deadlines
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- You have a demonstrated ability to quickly shift priorities without being totally thrown off
- You are able to work independently, and can prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- You should be a highly driven and results oriented individual, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Someone who works well under pressure, you are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid-paced, complex retail environment
As the Vice President of the Project Management Office, You Will:
- Work cross-departmentally with partners at all levels, including senior leaders, to improve, and achieve support on process improvements, including capital accounting procedures and cross-department roadmap alignment.
- Lead the culture shift on project governance, working with PMs and core teams to establish rigor around PMO processes and financial and utilization reporting.
- Prepare and manage integrated program and department budgets, managing the control over finances for the program:
- drive the capacity resource planning and financial analysis;
- lead the financial planning to ensure appropriate funding is secured; and
- manage risk assessments and rigorous auditing of program results and financials.
- Support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues.
- Mentor Portfolio Leads to manage and resolve conflicts; be the strategic voice at the table to move through issues and keep the portfolio on task.
- Address critical issues within the portfolio to senior leaders, preserve effective communication to keep them aware of the action plans for addressing those issues.
You Also Have:
- Post-secondary graduate of Business, Project / Program Management, Finance, or related discipline – minimum 4-year program, Masters recommended.
- Minimum 12-15 years of professional experience with a successful track record in developing business processes, executing programs, and overseeing program financials.
- Highly skilled in both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies, with demonstrated success in leading large, complex organizations in Hybrid models, with a view to transformation.
- Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate a strong understanding of compliance and regulatory environments.
- Demonstrated experience in successful oversight of budget processes, and program financials.
- Demonstrated expertise in corporate forecasting and project risk assessment with a history of re-cooping on at-risk projects.
How Often You May Travel:
- 10% within North America
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discounts