Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Lead Tester is responsible for testing products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision. Actively involved in coaching other testers on testing practices and product knowledge. The role calls for a hands-on individual with the ability to act as the sole responsible tester, in some cases, and move from project to project. As a QA Lead, you may work on one project for just a few weeks to many months.
Who You Are:
- You understand the importance and value of building rapport and strong relationships
- You can communicate effectively with a variety of internal senior managers
- You are a true influencer – someone who can effectively communicate and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, delegate, and organize work well
- You strive to be a thought-leader in your area of expertise. Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
- You are able to work independently and can prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- You have proven time management skills and are comfortable managing multiple projects and dealing with shifting priorities
- You are sincerely driven by doing what is right, and generally act with a high sense of purpose and integrity
- You have a winning-way about you, including the confidence to take calculated risks
- You are a self-starter, able to cope in an shifting environment
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
- You are a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment
As the Lead Tester, You Will:
- Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
- Manage projects from BEG to production deployment independently
- Manage one to two smalls to medium projects
- Drive and lead development of test strategies.
- Drive and lead prioritization of testing activities, across teams as needed.
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
- Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Drive and Lead the development of effective test charters and checks.
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
- Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders
- Adhere to HBC's SOPs and Agile practices.
- Execute test charters within sessions
- Analyze results of test sessions, draw meaningful conclusions, and suggest actions
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
- Apply basic problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with other scrum team(s) and stakeholders.
- Coach others on test strategy, test execution and the use of test tools
- Make continuous self-education a priority.
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
- Analyze business requirements, create and execute test cases/scripts
- Analyze and communicate issues to proper team members and track to resolution
- Apply effective testing techniques in the most efficient way
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to process improvement
You Also Have:
- Automation experience is a plus
- Retail Background
- Agile Experience
- Web services and API testing experience
- Knowledge of basic Unix commands
- Knowledge of basic SQL
- Experience with Continuous Integration build/deploy technologies and tools (ex: Jenkins, GO)
- Experience with relational and document-oriented databases
- Experience with - JIRA, Confluence
- Familiarity with UNIX
- Understanding of cloud application architecture and concepts
- Experience with any internet programming
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac and mobile devices
- POS, OMS, HR/Merch/financial systems, Sales Audit Application, Digital and Mobile, SFCC, POS/Digital E2E systems, ETL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field of study.
- Knowledge of any programming language, automation tools, and performance testing tools
- 6 years cumulative software testing experience
- Minimum (1) year of Team Leading experience
- Experience with any internet programming and exposure to relational and document-oriented databases, preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as QA Analyst/Engineer
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.