Analyst, Resource Management
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Resource Management Analyst will support the Technology organization with all aspects of resource allocation for both internal and external resources. Working diligently with PMO Portfolio Leads and Resource Managers, the Analyst will be further responsible to forecast, report on, and bring resolution to resource booking conflicts. This role requires excellent communication and analytical problem solving skills to collaborate and built trust with cross-functional teams while balancing competing priorities.
Who You Are:
- Responsible for reporting on all aspects of resource allocation involving departments or cross-functional teams that are
- Focused on the delivery of a product or program from the design process through a finished state for internal/external
- Act as point of contact for resource booking allocation, confirmation, and conflict resolution.
- Manage and resolve resource booking conflicts.
- Monitor resource utilization and workload.
- Analyze and report on resource demand, utilization and forecasts through detailed weekly status reports.
- Assist in the management of vendor and 3rd-party relationships to meet resource requirements as needed.
- Assist with procedures to manage and track vendor statements of work.
- Assist with processes for on-boarding and rolling-off resources
- Additional responsibilities as required.
As the Analyst of Resource Management, You Will:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with Resource Management or a related Operational role
- Strong knowledge of technology platforms.
- Proven ability to manage resource utilization within a technology or agency setting.
- Proven ability to work independently, and balance priorities in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned projects and
- Strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized multi-tasker with an astute eye for detail.
- Aptitude for managing a high volume of information; must have a great memory.
- Resourceful and able to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions.
- Warm and approachable with strong interpersonal skills to establish a rapport with diverse personalities.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.