Lead Site Reliability Engineer
job descriptionWhat This Position is All About
HBC is looking for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer to join a newly formed Cloud Platform team who will focus on world-class monitoring/alerting, platform performance, availability, reliability, and capacity planning. The right candidate will have a software development mindset and will automate as much as possible to avoid repetitive tasks. This is a unique opportunity to join a team of talented and passionate engineers to build the next generation Cloud Platform at HBC using the latest technology stacks: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS.
- You have strong communication skills and can relay incident details expeditiously, concisely, and accurately.
- You possess strong organizational skills with an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You excel at working under pressure in production environments running production customer workloads and services
- Software Engineering - CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and proficiency in at least one high-level programming language, preferably Go
- Experience with running server orchestration solutions in production with Kubernetes and docker
- Cloud Engineering - Strong experience with a cloud platform AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure
- Systems Engineering - large-scale system design exposure, in-depth understanding of UNIX/Linux systems internals, TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of networking and monitoring skills
As The Lead Site Reliability Engineer, You Will:
- Design, develop and deliver infrastructure software for the cloud
- Respond to incidents and automate everything
- Work closely with software engineers to influence and create new designs, architectures, and standards for our cloud platform
- Build observability tools to keep up with SLA of platform performance, latency using alerts/metrics
- Monitor the availability or the CI/CD environments
- Dashboarding of critical systems.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.