Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, POS
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts/scenarios/cases for testing & logging and triaging defects. The Sr QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes and troubleshooting.
Who You Are:
- Your oral and written communication skills are obviously effective and clear
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with a natural sense of urgency, you prioritize well and meet your deadlines
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You are a self-starter, able to cope in a shifting environment
- Your writing skills are fantastic - you know how to articulate complex concepts with words, and know the importance of tailoring your message for your selected audience
- You have strong analytical, financial and quantitative skills with exceptional Excel skills
You Also Have:
As the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, You Will:
- Perform functional testing at various levels (component, system, system integration, E2E, user acceptance) utilizing techniques such as exploratory, black box, white box, browser compatibility, parallel testing
- Perform regression testing
- Develop and document test cases based on business requirements, functional and technical requirements, user stories and business use cases
- Identify test approach for business, functional and technical requirements
- Participate in developing test strategy
- Use test management applications/tools
- Troubleshoot and triage issues, make judgment calls in solving problems
- Identify, prioritize, document and track defects
- Work with database queries, parse data, read log files
- Provide defects reports, test status updates and QA signoffs
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Provide QA support for scheduled deployments/releases
- Analyze Business Requirements, create and execute test cases and test scripts
- Analyze and communicate effectively issues to proper team members and track to resolution
- Apply effective testing techniques in the most efficient way
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to process improvement Retail Domain experience is Preferred.
- Strong working knowledge on Point of Sales systems, understanding of different variations of Debit/Credit/Third Party cards used - preferred
- Strong experience on the QA processes and Methodologies
- JIRA and Confluence is a MUST
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.